728 people killed by methanol in Iran .In Iran, more than 700 people have died after drinking toxic methanol to cure coronavirus. The tragedy is said to have taken place after the horrific Corona outbreak in the country.
Iran’s Corona authorities say 728 people have died after drinking toxic methanol to cure coronavirus. The deaths occurred between February 20 and April 07. Earlier, only 66 people died of alcohol poisoning last year.
Kianush Jahanpur, a spokesman for Iran’s health ministry, said 5,011 people in the country had consumed toxic methanol alcohol. Of these, more than 700 people have died. Another 90 have lost their eyesight or are suffering from eye problems. However, it is expected that the number of people who will lose their sight due to poisonous alcohol will increase.
In the Middle East country of Iran, 91,000 people have been infected with the Coronavirus. Of these, 5,806 people died.
Incidentally, methanol is not a beverage. Drinking it causes damage to various organs of the body including the brain. It can lead to chest pain, nausea, hyperventilation, blindness and coma after drinking.People may even die.
News Room, April 28,2020