Home / Sports / Coronavirus Has Snatched Another Series From Bangladesh

Coronavirus Has Snatched Another Series From Bangladesh

Coronavirus has snatched another series from Bangladesh. After Australia-New Zealand also Sri Lanka , Bangladesh is not playing at the moment. The series was postponed during a tour of the island nation in July, when the deadly virus was transmitted.

Earlier on Tuesday, another series came to a halt with the consent of New Zealand and Bangladesh Cricket Board. It is known that the Kiwi cricket team is not coming for that tour in August-September.

The International Cricket Council’s (ICC) future tour schedule was announced – the Bangladesh team is scheduled to tour Sri Lanka this July. But the ICC said on Wednesday that Bangladesh’s tour of Sri Lanka in July has been postponed.

“Though the Bangladesh team is scheduled to visit Sri Lanka in July, it has been postponed for the time being,” they said in a statement.

Bangladesh Cricket Board chief executive Nizam Uddin Chowdhury Sujan said at the same time that it was done with the consent of the two boards. The series was postponed yesterday as both the boards agreed.

He said, ‘Look, this is the decision of the Sri Lankan Cricket Board.
Because they are the organizers. I wouldn’t be right. We said we were the organizers of the series with New Zealand. But they will let it be known. That means now the official announcement is just left.

Bangladesh were scheduled to play a Test championship match in Sri Lanka in July. Where Bangladesh was to play three Tests. But defeat in Corona.

In all, the Tigers canceled five series for this reason. After Pakistan, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand series, this time the tour of Sri Lanka came to a halt.

News Room, june 24,2020