Home / Sports / Argentina beat Ecuador by 1-0 margin

Argentina beat Ecuador by 1-0 margin

Argentina beat Ecuador by 1-0 margin in Qatar world cup qualifying match.

The match between Argentina and Ecuador in the qualifying round of the Qatar Football World Cup-2022 starts at the La Bombonera (The Alberto Jose Armando Stadium) in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Just eleven minutes into the match, Ecuador’s center-back Robert Arboleda fouled Argentina’s winger Lucas Ocampos in the penalty area.

As a result, Argentina got a penalty.

Lionel Messi scored from penalty for Argentina in the 13th minute. This is Messi’s 34th goal for the national team.

In the end, the whole match ended with this one goal. Argentina defeated Ecuador (1-0).

Some important statistics in the whole match between the two teams:

Argentina made 6 corner in the whole match. In contrast, Ecuador get only one corner.

Two Argentine players saw yellow card. On the other hand, Ecuador’s got one yellow card.

Argentina fouled 14 times in the whole match and the opponent Ecuador fouled 19 times.

Argentina was a little ahead in pass accuracy.

Ecuador’s pass accuracy was 80 percent throughout the match.

On the other hand, Argentina’s pass accuracy was 82 percent.

The Argentine players passes the ball among themselves throughout the match total 550 times.

The total number of passes in Ecuador was 401.

La Albiceleste (The White and Sky Blues) was ahead in ball possession.Argentina’s ball possession was 59 percent. On the other hand, Ecuador’s ball possession was 41 percent

Argentina took shots a total of 8 times around the goal bar. Ecuador, on the other hand, took shots only twice.

Argentina took 2 on-target shots. In contrast, Ecuador failed to take on-target shot.

Looking at the statistics of the match, it is easy to say that Ecuador, which is ranked 36th in the latest FIFA rankings, could not find them in the field. However, the ranking in football doesn’t matter.

Correspondent: Imtiaz Ahmed, October 09,2020