4 business establishments were burnt including godown in Hajiganj. In Hajiganj Upazila of Chandpur district, 4 business establishments including godown have been burnt to ashes. It is estimated that at least 25 lakh taka have been lost due to this. The fire broke out at Belghar Bazar in Hatila East Union of the Upazila on Saturday morning.
Although the cause of the fire was not initially known, locals believe the fire started from an electrical short circuit.
Victims are mainly pesticide, fertilizer, seed, mobile accessories-Frexilode, Confectionery, raw materials, varieties of goods traders.
According to the locals, the fire broke out at Al-Amin’s confectionery, raw material and variety goods shop at Safiullah Patwary Market in the early hours of the morning. Upon receiving the news, a unit rushed to the spot.
Meanwhile, four shops in the market caught fire. Later, the fire service brought the fire under control after trying for about an hour and a half with the help of the locals.
One of the victims Mokhlesur Rahman said he collected pesticides, fertilizers, and seeds worth around Tk. 5 lakh in the shop last week by taking loans. But in the early hours of the morning, everything including his shop and godown was burnt to ashes.
Local UP chairman Jalilur Rahman Mirza Dulal said, “I have informed UNO about the fire. A written request will be made for the assistance of the victims.”
News Room, September 25, 2021