Home / Sports / ICC Men’s Player of the Month Mushfiqur Rahim

ICC Men’s Player of the Month Mushfiqur Rahim

Mushfiqur Rahim of Bangladesh has been selected as the best player of the month in the ICC boys category. Kathryn Emma Bryce of Scotland became the best player in the girls category.

Earlier in May, Mushfiqur and two others – Hasan Ali of Pakistan and Praveen Jayawickrama of Sri Lanka – were in the race to become the ICC’s best cricketer. Mushfiqur was the best player of May, leaving these two behind in the polls. The ICC said in a statement today.

Mushfiqur was Bangladesh’s best batsman in the three-match ODI series against Sri Lanka in May. After 84 runs in the first match, he scored 125 runs in the second ODI.

Couldn’t do a very good one in the third ODI. He was dismissed for 28 runs. But he was the best batsman of the series with 237 runs. Earlier this month, Mushfiqur was shortlisted for the ICC Cricketer of the Year award for his outstanding performance.

VVS Laxman, a representative of the ICC’s voting academy and a former India batsman, said: “Even after playing for 15 years at the highest level, Mushfiqur Rahim’s run-hunger has not abated. He was in his best form in the home ODI series against Sri Lanka. The 125-run innings in the second match was a picture of continuity, which helped Bangladesh to a 2-0 lead in the three-match series. His innings is even more significant because it was Bangladesh’s first ODI series win against the 1996 World Cup champions. Keeping the middle order in check, his wicketkeeping proves his fitness and skill.”

Pakistan fast bowler Hasan Ali took 14 wickets in two Tests in Zimbabwe. Pakistan has played both the Tests in Harare. He took 9 wickets in the first Test. Get 5 wickets in the second match. Sri Lankan fast bowler Jayabikrama took 11 wickets (6 and 5) in two Tests against Bangladesh at Pallekele. He made his Test debut in that series.

Ireland’s Gabby Lewis and Leah Paul were with Scotland’s all-rounder Bridge on the shortlist of women cricketers. The ICCE makes a short list of each month based on performance. The ICC’s Independent Voting Academy and cricket fans selected the best two from the list.

Former cricketers from cricketing nations, experienced journalists, commentators and some cricketers who have been inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame are at the ICC Voting Academy. There are also two member countries. The voting of the members of the voting academy is more important in the selection of players. Members voted by e-mail.

90 percent of the final vote count is taken from the voting academy. The remaining 10 percent comes from supporters’ online votes.

News Room, June 14,2021