Saudi Hajj Minister calls temporary suspension of Hajj pilgrimage.Saudi Arabia’s Hajj Minister Mohammed Baten has called for a halt to the hajj preparations. He made the call on Tuesday in the wake of uncertain circumstances over the pandemic of the coronavirus.
The minister said this on Saudi Arabia’s state television.
The Saudi Hajj Minister said, “Saudi Arabia is fully prepared to take the necessary steps for the Holy Hajj.” However, in the current situation when the pandemic is spreading in the form of coronavirus, Saudi Arabia is thinking about protecting Muslims and the citizens of their own country. Until this situation changes, we advise the Muslim community to wait for the preparation of the Holy Hajj, ”he said.
Last month, the country suspended the holy Umrah.
Every year, more than 2.5 million Muslims from different countries of the world observe the holy Hajj in Saudi Arabia. A large part of Saudi Arabia’s revenue comes from organizing holy Hajj and Umrah.
So far, about 1500 people have been diagnosed with coronavirus in Saudi Arabia. 10 people died.
News Room, April 01,2020