Those were Lose their jobs will get aid: PM.Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has ordered the creation of a list of workers who have lost their jobs in lockdown or partial lockdown. He said that once the list is completed, the cash flow will be sent directly to their bank. 760 crore has been allocated here.
The Prime Minister said this while addressing the nation on the occasion of Bangla New Year 1427 on Monday evening.
At the same time, she outlined the programs taken to protect the marginalized population due to coronavirus, in addition to continuing existing social security activities.
1. Five lakhs metric tonnes of rice and one lakh metric tonnes of wheat have been allotted to distribute free food items to low-income people. Its total value is Tk. 2,503 crore.
2. For the low income people living in urban areas, rice sale program has been launched under the OMS at a rate of Tk. 10 per kg. In the next three months, 74,000 metric tons of rice will be distributed under this program. For this, a subsidy of Tk. 251 crore will be provided.
3. It has been directed to make a quick list of the names of the day laborers, rickshaw or van drivers, motor workers, construction workers, newspaper hawkers, hotel workers and others who lost their jobs due to long vacations or partial lock-downs. Once this list is completed, the one-time cash will be sent directly to their bank. 760 crore has been allocated here.
4. The ‘elderly allowance’ and widows’ allowance for women under the social protection program will be extended to 100 percent of the most poverty-stricken 100 upazilas. The allocation for this budget is Tk. 815 crore.
5. Activities are undertaken on the birth anniversary of Father of the Nation will be the quick implementation of the house construction program for the homeless. A total of Tk. 2,100 crore will be allocated for this purpose. No one will be homeless.
News Room, April 13,2020